Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An Unexpected Exchange

This exchange happened today. While the kids were getting ready to go, I sat at my desk to get something. A student approached:

Student: Ms. M, do you have change for a $10?

Me: Actually, I think I do. (I got my wallet out and got out a 5 and five singles. I went to hand it to the student and saw that she was squatting down in front of my desk. I figured she had dropped her $10.)

Me: Here you go. (The student stands and we exchange money.)

Student: Thanks, Ms. M (and skips away).

Me: Uh, why is your $10 bill so damp?

Student: Oh, because it was in my shoe. Bye!

Ewwwwww! The money's still sitting on my desk "drying out."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog, and as a teacher--I think it's wonderful :) Great idea to write out these stories...have a good Wednesday.