Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Comments? Questions?

3 things my students said to me today:

1. "Ms. M., a fly landed on my head twice." What does one say to this? Seriously. Someone tell me.
2. "Ms. M., can I pay for my [$5] field trip in dimes?" Are you kidding me? I had to say yes. This kid is pooooor. So, yes, I accepted 50 dimes. Ugh.
3. "We don't have a garbage can." This was in response to an assignment I gave them to record anything that their family throws away in their home's "busiest" garbage can for a unit on conservation. It never occurred to me that a home would not have a garbage can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I just found your blog and read some of your posts. They incredible funny! I loves kids so much, just because they have the funniest questions and answers for everything you can imagine!

How old are the kids you teach?

I live in Brazil and study psychology, but last year my former english teacher asked me to help her with a few classes, so I started to observ and now I'm teaching english to little kids, they are 4, 5, 6 and 7 year old. And it's something I never imagine I could, they drive me crazy sometimes, but they are the sweetest little creatures in the world!

I hope you don't mind but I will link your blog to my blog to make easier to visit your blog! I will definitely be visiting and reading more of your posts!

Take cara,
Bia