Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Did I Really Just See That?

Okay, this has nothing to do with anything, but I MUST share this. Tonight at the gym, I walked into the locker room to hang up my coat. I saw a woman (who I've seen before) walking from the coat area into the sauna. Now, you can pretty much wear whatever you want in the sauna. The only rule is no nudity. Most people wear a towel or a bathing suit, but hell, I'm sure you could go in there fully clothed if you so wished.

Well, today I saw something I've never seen before. This woman, who is weird to begin with, (she's an older Asian woman with a bowl-cut hairdo who participates in step classes but stands aaaallll the way in the back and never goes along with the class, she just steps up and down for an hour) walks from the coat room to the sauna wearing a red neglige AND black knee-high boots. The sight stopped me dead in my tracks and my mouth stood agape. I walked into the coat room with my mouth still hanging open and my head turned in the direction of the sauna door thru which she had just disappeared and I heard my workout-friend's voice say, "I'm so glad someone else just saw that otherwise I wouldn't have believed it!"

What the hell? Uh, lady, you're in public!

And why was she coming from the coat room wearing that and not a dressing room. Was that what she was wearing under her coat?

I guess it's people like that who make things interesting, isn't it?

No comments: