Monday, January 7, 2008

Damn Snooze Button

Saturday night I didn't go to sleep until about 1:00. I got up around 9:00 and was dog-tired. I figured, okay, this is good. I'll be tired enough to fall asleep early tonight since I have to wake up early tomorrow (Monday). Sounds good on paper, right? Wrong!

I could not fall asleep last night. While I didn't look at the clock to see what time it was, I laid in bed a good hour and a half before I actually fell asleep. I'm thinking it was around midnight. Grrrr.

This morning, I woke up 1 minute before my alarm went off. This happens frequently. I actually felt quite refreshed, but for some stupid reason, I hit snooze to get an extra 9 minutes in bed. When the alarm rang again, I was no longer feeling well-rested! I felt like I needed another 2 hours. How is this possible? How can 9 extra minutes of sleep make you more tired? A riddle of the universe.

Damn you, snooze button, damn you! Because I know tomorrow I will hit you again.

No comments: