Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Advertising Works

I have a beautiful commute. Even with the crappy weather we've had for the past 500 months, my commute remains beautiful. I work 20 miles from home, which actually doesn't take very long as I can pretty much take one main road: Lake Shore Drive. For those of you unfamiliar with Lake Shore Drive (LSD), it runs along Lake Michigan pretty much the length of the city. I pass such iconic places as Buckingham Fountain, Soldier Field, and get to view the Chicago skyline every day. Even when stuck in a traffic jam, hell, especially when I'm stuck in a traffic jam, I can admire the beauty, both natural and manmade, that surrounds me. Unless...

I'm not on Lake Shore Drive. The part of my commute that's not on LSD is slow, boring, and not very pretty. Yesterday I had the pleasure of sitting at a verrrrry long traffic light behind 7.5 thousand other cars and a bus. For approximately 15 minutes, this is what I stared at on the back of the bus:

(Yes, I took a picture of the back of the bus...I wasn't doing anything else!).

In case you can't see it, here's a close-up:

So guess what I'm craving? Yup, new Chocolate Chex Cereal! I can't stop thinking about it! The worst thing is, I don't even like Chex! But staring at this bowl for so long made me want some.

1 comment:

Laural Out Loud said...

I don't eat Chex, either, but that looks mighty delicious!